Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Malaysian

Well, my name is Huang Shu Hong.
Im born in Malaysia,
Precisely, im a chinese Malaysian.
So, am i truly a Malaysian?

I can answer this proudly, YES, I'M A MALAYSIAN.
but, under some circumstances,
i...or maybe some of my friends, did not felt so some times..

the differences are shown,
when...
whenever we fill a form,
some application forms...
there will be a column; wrote, Are you a bumiputra?
i would doubt that...
there are questions,
well, im born on this land as a Malaysian...
but, am i really belong to this land?
im born on this land, 
most probably, i will die on this land too...
but this did not make me a bumiputra...

when...
some universities were specially designed for bumiputra...
where only my friend, Mohammad Ali can enroll into that particular university...
where Huang Shu Hong is not qualified for it...
just because of the term ' bumiputra '?

whenever this circumstances appear,
some times, i would doubt my own identity...
there are races in malaysia, this is true
this is why the country is special...
the type of races show differences among the Malaysian...
the term of bumiputra highlights the differences among the Malaysian...
it reminds us that we will never be the same...
the rights between us is different...
I am not trying to blame anyone because of this...
I am just curious...

for me, this is kind of frust some times...
but after all, I still love Malaysia...
but, Malaysia; DO YOU LOVE ME?...

p/s: to my friends, this is just my point of view...thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment